- The Snowman, by Jo Nesbo
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest, by Stieg Larsson
- Hypothermia, by Arnaldur Indridason
- Box 21, by Roslund Hellstrom
- The Darkest Room, by Johan Theorin
- The Man from Beijing, by Henning Mankell:
- The Water’s Edge, by Karin Fossum
- The Stone Cutter, by Camilla Läckberg
- Postcard Killers, by James Patterson and Liza Marklund,
- The Consorts of Death, by Gunnar Staalesen
(Links to reviews of the books.) These are my favorites among the recently published and forthcoming Scandinavian crime fiction books, as of the end of March, 2010. It is hard to rank order books that are so good and as different as these, but I think this is about it.
I have saved the Peter’s Top 10 at Amazon US if you are interested in the books.