According to Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, Jo Nesbo has been nominated for the 2010 Edgar Allan Poe Award for the “Best Novel” (see also mysterywriters.org). It is Nesbo’s Nemesis, translated by Don Bartlett, that has been nominated. The other nominees for 2010 are:
• Tim Gautreaux: «The Missing».
• John Hart: «The Last Child».
• The Odds by Kathleen George
• Charlie Huston: «Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death».
• Malla Nunn: «A Beautiful Place to Die».
We wish Jo Nesbo and Don Bartlett good luck, and our congratulations. It has been a long time since a Scandinavian writer has won this award. The last time was Sjowall and Wahloo in 1971 with their novel The Laughing Policeman!